Post by tropikaldawl on Dec 14, 2016 17:45:12 GMT -5
I was so excited to see Alberto in the first scene! Alberto also said on the train to Mateo that he had been writing to him, and he recited his address, but then Mateo told him he is no longer with Clara (but he couldn't have known they were married in the first place). I guess that blond woman at the airport that he said was his client (who was flirtateous with him), confirms the tie in to the book. Ok, back to the show
*Apparently Alberto doesn't know he has a son, Mateo didn't tell him about Junior.
*Alberto thought that Mateo didn't answer his letters, but Mateo never received any letter because he divorced Clara and both moved to another place.
*The blonde woman in the airport was one of Alberto "clients", Mateo asked about her but Alberto told him she was only a client.
*Cristina is plotting with Carlos telling him that she wants to fight for Alberto, but also tells him that he has to fight because "Ana has humiliated him" (she almost yelled him in that moment, she was speaking about her) in front of every the guests of their wedding... she is going insane again.
*Cristina told her daughter that they are going to meet a special person.
Post by northboundtrain on Dec 14, 2016 17:49:27 GMT -5
Thank for the details, alfi!
This episode is surprisingly very, VERY heavy on the Jonas plotline -- it's the story with the most airtime so far. I'm thinking more and more that maybe the show originally thought they'd have MAS for longer than they did and all this Jonas stuff is padding the episode out.
Post by northboundtrain on Dec 14, 2016 18:16:08 GMT -5
Here's the last update from the show:
* Jonas has a new suit and a very different look. Pedro is shocked, but Raul is pleased. Pedro wishes Jonas look, and Jonas and Raul leave for Paris. Once there, Jonas presents his collection to the judges.
* Clara tells Rita about Marco's fiancee and also about Mateo. Rita questions Clara and Clara quickly leaves.
* Cristina brings Cris to the airport and tells her that she will be meeting her father.
* Alberto and Mateo arrive at the airport in Madrid. Mateo goes to take care of something, leaving Alberto alone in the lobby. Cristina sees Alberto and calls his name. Alberto turns to see her. Cristina hugs him and he shrugs her off of him. Cristina introduces Cris to Alberto as his daughter. Alberto pulls Cristina away from Cris, asks if she's crazy. Cristina tearfully tries to kiss him, but he again shrugs away. Cris interrupts and asks if he's her father. Alberto has to explain that he's not, then he kisses her cheek and leaves with a parting shot at Cristina. Cristina starts screaming at him in front of everyone at the airport, telling him that he will NEVER be happy. Alberto and Mateo quickly leave.
* Ana is dressing in her room, getting ready to see Alberto. Clara comes to see her to try to calm her nerves.
* Ana walks through Velvet and remembers hanging out on the balcony with Alberto when they were teenagers. She summons her courage and walks outside just as a thunderstorm is starting. The rain comes down, but she stays outside.
* Mateo's car pulls up at the curb. Ana watches the car. Mateo tells Alberto good luck and gives him the keys to the car. Alberto gets out of the car and he and Ana see each other. Ana goes to him and they kiss. Long, long scene of them kissing in the rain and hugging each other to the song "Vegas Wedding Bells" (that played when Clara/Mateo were married). Alberto takes off his jacket and gives it to Ana. Then they run to the car to get in.
* Mateo goes to see Clara inside Velvet. As soon as she sees him, they start making out in the hallway at Velvet. I think he says at the end, "Let's go home," and he carries her away.
* Cristina and Cris arrive at the back entrance at Velvet. Cristina has Cris stay in the car and she runs into the workroom and sees the red dress out on display. She grabs a piece of paper, sets fire to it, and then uses the paper to set fire to the dress while she watches.
* Alberto and Ana talk in the car about how he wrote her and received no response. They start kissing again.
* Alberto, Jr. wakes up -- he's in Emilio's room, but Emilio has fallen asleep. Alberto, Jr. sneaks out of the room.
* Cristina goes crazy in the workroom, tossing the photographs of Ana in the fire.
* Alberto, Jr. walks into the hallway as it fills with smoke.
* Ana/Alberto get out of the car (the rain has stopped) and are about to go back into Velvet, but they stop to kiss again.
* Cristina watches the fire and sees Alberto, Jr. walk into the workroom. He gets knocked out, and when she goes to try to get him, she gets knocked out, too.
* Emilio wakes up from the smoke and calls for Alberto, Jr. He runs into the hall, where Jonas and the other employees are starting to wake up and evacuate. Emilio yells for Alberto, Jr. while Blanca gets more workers out.
* Ana/Alberto are still kissing outside Velvet. Ana pulls away and they go toward the back entrance of Velvet and quickly learn the place is on fire. Jonas is shocked to see Alberto. Blanca calls the fire department. Ana runs to find Alberto, Jr., and this is how Alberto learns he has a son. Alberto goes to help Emilio, who is struggling with the smoke. Ana gets Emilio out while Alberto runs through the place looking for Alberto, Jr.
* Alberto makes it to the workroom and sees Alberto, Jr. on the floor. He goes to pick him up and carries him out. He doesn't see Cristina, whose body appears to be on fire in another part of the room.
* Alberto brings Alberto, Jr. outside to Ana, who cries with relief and runs over to them. Blanca, Emilio, Jonas, and all the workers watch.
* Ana, Alberto, and Emilio bring Alberto, Jr. to the hospital. The doctors take him in, and Alberto and Ana hug.
* Emilio is beating himself up, feeling guilty about what happened. The doctor comes out to see them, gives them an update. Ana cries and Alberto comforts her.
* Back at Velvet, workers are getting checked out. An officer comes out to let everyone know that they have found a woman inside. Blanca freaks out, thinking it's one of the workers. The officers bring out Cristina, all bloody and burnt. Blanca and Jonas watch as she's wheeled away on a stretcher.
Why couldn't they let that witch die!!😫😫😫😫 I hope she is disfigured for life. I can't believe she led her daughter to believe for years that Alberto was her father! He handled it well though and I'm glad he didn't let her manipulate him because Cris was there. The funniest part was the Oteguis in the meeting, especially Cristina. She really is batshit crazy! 6 years later to still be raging. Overall, Alberto's return felt a little weird and melodramatic for my taste. The pacing was off to me too, but my expectations are not the highest. I would have liked it to be more emotion and less of the frantic scene we got when Ana told him he had a son and saw him for the first time.
Camille- I guess Enzo will make his return next week. Fingers crossed Alberto gets the store back.
Just a quick update for those not able to watch live: the show did not open with Alberto and Mateo seeing each other again for the first time (as some of us were hoping). Instead, it opened with them running to catch a train, and now they're sitting on the train and chatting about what Alberto's been up to.
Pretty disappointing. Like I said on Twitter, lower your expectations going forward...there's too much to wrap up in just two episodes, and with MAS's limited availability I don't think there'll be enough time to see everything we wanted.
This is by far the most juiciest episode..it did cover a lot..it started with Alberto's scene which I really appreciated!!I do understand your passion for this show and we are never going to get everything we want..I don't think it's fair to project your disappointment on the rest of us..it kills the mood on the forum.In my opinion the episode was good..speaking for myself.Thats my humble opinion.
Cristina is completely bonkers when it comes to Alberto, but she does have limits. I was glad to see that her heart isn't ice cold - she actually cared about Alberto Jr.'s fate. And I said this before, but I could get behind Alberto Jr/Cris, except that their parents are poison for each other. The only way Cristina can live and heal is away from Alberto, and A/A deserve to live free of her. :/
The reunion kiss was shot so awkwardly. It totally took me out of the scene when they intercut it w/ shots of Ana's hair not even getting wet even though they were in the rain, lol.
What a way for Alberto to find out he has a son, though! O___O I did enjoy the drama at the end of the episode, haha.