oh ffs!! they could have just pushed filming back 4 months till sense8-2 was done.. seeing mas at the end just shows the show needs him in every episode i don't think patricia wanted the baby anyway - girl don't take the fall for enrique he'll be fine dona blanca was completely underutilized the whole season i think ana only had a basic education so she only knows how to create not be business savvy -- some posters on the last thread complained that ana needs people to rescue her.. i think you need to remember she was a poor orphan who did not have all of the same privileges as alberto, mateo, and christina, enrique or patricia.. she was a orphan seamstress who only knows how to create..
Post by northboundtrain on Nov 30, 2016 18:17:59 GMT -5
A quick recap:
* Mateo went to NYC and the receptionist at Silk confirmed that Alberto is her boss. Mateo pleaded for information on Alberto and told her that everyone in Madrid thinks Alberto's dead. Later, she went to his hotel room and dropped off a letter telling him when Alberto would be back at Silk. Mateo went to Silk and looked in the door and said, "Alberto?"
* Next thing we know, Clara gets a call from Mateo (we don't see him, we just hear him) excitedly saying that Alberto is alive and the wedding must stop. Clara and Rita rush to stop Ana, who is getting into the car to leave for the wedding. We see a brief glimpse of Ana's reaction, then the camera cuts away and when the scene returns Ana is sitting at a table with Rita/Clara, basically in shock about the news.
* Carlos showed up at Velvet. He and Cristina had a scene, I think (I was too busy raging on Twitter during all this stuff), and then he and Ana had a blow-out, and then Ana/Cristina had a scene where Cristina of course acted like she had no idea what was going on. Then Ana ran to her room and threw herself on the bed, sobbing.
Other stuff from the episode:
* Mateo/Clara had some nice moments on the phone together, and Clara/Rita were fun to watch as they spent the day of Ana's wedding acting incredibly suspicious. Clara even ripped Ana's wedding dress in half to try to stall the wedding. (Jonas gave Ana a new one from his collection.)
* In the first half of the episode, Ana returned from Italy and tendered a letter of resignation to Marco after she found out he presented her collection without her. Marco and Enrique tried to convince her not to quit.
* Raul returned from Paris and gave Jonas advice, and Jonas got to work sketching. He and Jonas had a nice heart to heart about Jonas going to Paris. When Jonas presented his designs to Raul, Raul got hyper-critical to try to toughen Jonas up (thank you, alfi, for the clarification). Then, when Clara ripped Ana's dress, Jonas offered Ana one of his designs to use instead.
* Patricia got stressed out over the cops investigating her and Enrique...she and Enrique had a huge fight and she miscarried. Marco was the one who found her and got her to the hospital.
Alberto is coming next episode, he did not show today.
I missed the beginning but it was essentially:
- Suspense between Mateo seeking out Alberto and Clara waiting to hear updates from him, and even in the meantime sabotaging the wedding by ripping the dress (one would have thought Rita would interfere first). By the way, I really love Clara and Marta Hazas!!!
- Patricia lost the baby
- Marco can't sell the place because the buyer views Ana as a crucial part of the business. I think Enrique didn't know this was happening or why his shares were needed and asked Marco what was going on after Marco seemed upset about Ana's resignation.
- Ana finds out Cristina has been planning her wedding and is upset with her.
- Ana decides not to get married to Carlos when she finds out Alberto is alive from Clara and Rita. Carlos is super mad and saying that her baby's daddy hasn't been around and that they are a family without Alberto.
- There is a confrontation at the end between Cristina and Ana (she comes to see if Ana is ok). Ana asks her if she knew ... and to be honest I couldn't tell whether she revealed that she did or not.
She has a really nice bed/furniture in the room compared to what she had before, she has decked out her dormitory.
Post by northboundtrain on Nov 30, 2016 18:21:54 GMT -5
Overall, I'm bitterly disappointed with how Alberto's return was handled. The silver lining of Alberto's absence, for me, was the anticipation of seeing Ana and Mateo's reactions...seeing PE and JR really dig into that material.
Well, we didn't get to see Mateo and Alberto seeing each other again, and unless they do a flashback in the next episode (which I very much doubt), we won't ever see it.
And Ana's reaction wasn't handled well either. I thought maybe the show would try to up the suspense by having her refuse to believe Clara/Rita, but it seems from what I got from the dialogue that she DOES believe it. And we didn't really get her full reaction, either, since the camera cut away.
I'm just in shock that the show chose to handle it the way that they did.
Cristina and Carlos are still going to plot against Ana and Alberto next episode haha. Cristina thinks she can make Alberto doubt about Ana. The last conversation with Ana, wow, it's been 5 years without seeing each other, Cristina has told Ana that Alberto only loves himself and that's the reason he didn't come back, that he abandoned her.